Irish Cream Cheesecake
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
One 9 or 10-inch cheesecake
- 1 cup reduced fat Graham Crackers
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
Irish Cream Cheesecake
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounce container Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons smooth Irish whiskey
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To make crust: Crush enough Graham crackers with a rolling pin to obtain 1 cup. Add melted butter and sugar and combine well. Press onto bottom of a 9-inch diameter spring form pan and place in oven for 10 minutes or golden. Reduce oven to 325°F.
- When springform pan is cool enough to handle place on 3 layers of aluminum foil and wrap outside of pan with foil. Ensure that no water can penetrate thru the foil. Place in a roasting pan and set aside.
- This cheesecake can easily be made without use of a machine, just ensure that cheese is soft and at room temperature. If using a mixer only mix on lowest speed to prevent incorporation of air cells (air cells make the cheesecake rise during baking and once removed from the oven will make it fall and crack).
- To make cheesecake: Beat soft cream cheese and sugar on low speed until well blended and no lumps remain. Scrape bowl well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated, scrape bowl and beater in between additions.
- Add Greek yogurt. Mix vanilla extract, instant coffee and whiskey. Stir until coffee is fully dissolved. (place in microwave oven for a few seconds to speed the process. Pour batter into the springform pan.
- Pour water into the roasting pan about an inch high and place in the oven.
- Bake until the center of the cake no longer trembles when tapping the sides of the pan, about 2 hours.
- Allow to cool at room temperature for 30-60 minutes. Place in refrigerator overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge and bottom of the cheesecake and cut into desired size.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: ling33 :: Joanie C :: mary miller :: Rachelwriter :: Barb :: Sanjay P :: June M :: Karen C :: Bruce H :: cc :: Dianne Jones Barber :: COChefanista! :: Jazzysue :: Kristin A :: 2night :: Karen :: Shell H :: jedwards79 :: Rachelle Arizpe :: ReB K