Frying time 3 minutes
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 quart frying oil
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift together flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients whisk eggs and milk until smooth. Add sugar, vanilla extract and half of flour mixture. Whisk until lump free.
- Gradually add remaining flour mixture while whisking well to ensure no lumps will form.
- Heat oil in 8 or 9-inch skillet or pan to 370°-375°F.
- Fill funnel with batter. (Batter can also be filled in pastry bag fitted with a medium pastry tip or poured in large ketchup bottle or ziploc bag with bottom tip cut off.)
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter in circular motion into oil. Once golden turn over with tongs or spatula. When other side is golden remove from oil and place on paper towels.
- Sprinkle generously with sifted powdered sugar and serve.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
When frying foods best results are always obtained when oil temperature is correct. If temperature is too low fried products will be greasy, if fried in oil which is too hot, products may burn on outside while still undone in center.