Cranberry Crusted Cornish Hens
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 2 Cornish hens, completely thawed
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cranberries
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 to 2 oranges
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Completely thaw and pat dry two Cornish hens.
- Coarsely chop enough raw, fresh cranberries to equal 1 and 1/2 cups. Drain well; they shouldn’t be very juicy. Mix cranberries with 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Peel and slice oranges. Stuff orange slices into cavity of each hen until nearly full. Mix a couple of tablespoons of cranberry mix into orange slices.
- Place both hens breast side up in a shallow baking pan so that they are not touching. A 9 x 13 works well.
- Lightly stir remaining brown sugar into the cranberry mix. You do not want much of the sugar to dissolve. You want it to "crisp" on outside of your hen. Divide the mix evenly over each hen.
- Bake, uncovered on center shelf, at 350°F for 1 hour, or until juices run clear or inside meat reaches 165 degrees. Remove from oven and discard orange slices. Enjoy your crusty-on-the-outside, juicy-in-the-middle little Cornish hens - a nice alternative to a big old turkey!
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Sharon Polacek :: Marsha :: TerryB :: Dolly :: Connie Astry :: Carol C :: rgibbs :: A&D :: Roseanne :: Tera Preston :: Ann Coniglio :: ss1973 :: CB :: LindaO :: Shirley :: Deb D :: Sherry :: Sandra G :: Jeri Lynn :: tifftrantham