Thanksgiving Cookie Place Cards
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
0:15 to 0:17
Dough needs to chill for at least 4 hours
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup molasses
- Royal Icing
- Assorted candies and colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla and molasses.
- Slowly add flour mixture. When flour is incorporated, turn dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Wrap and chill for at least 4 hours.
- Roll out dough onto a floured surface, about a 1/4 inch thick. Cut shapes using a cookie cutter, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cut triangles and round cookie bases to use for stands. Bake for about 15-17 minutes in a 350°F oven. Let cookies cool on sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, decorate cookies with Royal Icing, candies and sprinkles. Let harden completely.
- To make place card, use Royal Icing as "glue" to adhere stand cookies to the cutout cookies. Apply a generous amount and let cookies set for at least 12 hours to ensure icing hardens in place.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.