Crawfish Cornbread Dressing
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
- 6-8 cups crumbled cornbread
- 3 slices bread, toasted & crumbled
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 3 large eggs, well beaten
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 3 ’dashes’ Tabasco
- 1 pound crawfish tails, cooked and chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix sugar, sage, garlic salt, parsley, thyme and Cajun seasoning in a small dish.
- Place bread crumbs in large bowl, sprinkle seasonings over bread crumbs.
- In a small skillet, melt butter; add celery, pepper & onion and saute until tender.
- Pour cooked veggies over bread crumbs. Add beaten eggs and 2 cans of broth. Mix well. Stir in chopped crawfish tails and Tabasco.
- Pour into a 13 x 9-inch sprayed baking pan. Bake approximately 1 hour or until set and lightly browned, but not dried out.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Brenda :: ChayBay56 :: Mellisa W :: dyllon b :: Marisela F :: ChefGirl :: meierhof :: Karla R :: Cherelle :: Chelsea :: donna meade :: Kristi :: Snickers :: Gloria Leonard :: Carole :: Margaret :: Julie M :: Elizabeth Y :: ChefNada :: Gauma