Pumpkin Roll Cupcakes
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
18 - 24 muffins
- 2 cups + 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon and sweep*)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 tablespoon + 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup well packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Cream Cheese Frosting
*Using spoon fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. (Scooping measuring cup directly into a flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 24 muffin cups or line with paper cups and set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and spices and set aside.
- Beat oil and sugars until combined and add one egg. When well mixed in add remaining eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated before adding next. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- In one step add dry ingredients and mix briefly until just combined. Fill muffin tins evenly 3/4 full and place in oven.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until center of muffins bounce back when lightly pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and remove from pans.
- Fit a medium piping tip in a piping bag and dive pastry tip into middle of muffins. Pipe a good size amount right inside muffins.
- Pipe additional cream cheese into a spiral pattern on surface of muffins and serve.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Anna :: Dede :: Michelle Daleo :: lindsey :: brandy toon :: Jimmy :: Jenn :: Christina Mitchell :: Stephanie J :: cindy c :: HeavenlyBaker :: erica :: Rene :: Barb M :: Diane B :: Kristin Tomblin :: CakePatt :: kelly lamping :: karen vaughn :: Ruth J