Valentine Caramel Apples
Prep time :
Bake/Cook time :
8 caramel apples
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 cups well packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 8 red apples
- 4 ounce candy coating (milk chocolate color)
- 1 bag M&M’s® Valentine colors
- Remove stem from apples and insert Popsicle sticks. Place on wax paper or silpat. Set aside.
- In a saucepan large enough to hold all ingredients (excluding apples) melt butter. Add sweetened condensed milk, corn syrup, brown sugar and salt. Stir to a boil, preferably using a heat resistant rubber spatula.
- On medium heat continue to stir until caramel reaches 245°F. Do not cook too high as it will make bottom of pan scorch.
- Remove from heat and pour in vanilla extract.
- Carefully tilt pan to obtain a deep caramel layer. Dip one apple at a time rotating in caramel until well coated. Place on wax paper or silpat.
- Melt chocolate coating according to manufactures directions. Let cool until slightly thickened. Daub a small amount of chocolate coating on each M&M® and wait a few second to allow coating to become slightly firmer and make attaching easier.
- Soak pan in water for easy cleanup.
Shout Out To Our Baking Friends
:: Kimberly D :: marj :: Chantel :: shahla :: rose l :: peet.moss1 :: tim :: Donna B :: sarahmccorkle :: Darla :: Brighton :: bjsbabybear :: Kat :: jennifer blackwelder :: beautiful in pink :: Bestmom :: Marsha Faust :: alice williams :: Teresa :: "Cyndi"