- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/3 cups grapeseed oil (canola or vegetable oil can be used instead)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Red food coloring (about 1/2 liquid oz)
- 2-3 cups cream cheese frosting
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 12-cup bundt pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add sugar, oil and eggs. With paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until combined.
- Add baking soda, salt and flour alternately with buttermilk. Stir until just combined.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Pour cake batter in two bowls, preferably the same size.
- Add cocoa powder and enough red coloring to one bowl to create a lovely red color.
- Using two 1/4 cup measuring cups, pour 1/4 cup of white velvet cake batter into prepared baking pan. Follow with 1/4 cup of red velvet cake batter.
- Repeat, alternating white and red velvet cake batters until all batter has been used.
- Bake cake into preheated oven for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes before inverting on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, frost cake with cream cheese frosting. Decorate with sprinkles.
IMPERIAL SUGAR INSIGHT
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.