5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Making your own soap is easy and fun. Glycerin melt-and-pour soap is readily available at your local craft stores and there are a wide variety of unique molds to choose from to customize the shape and size of your finished soap. Homemade soap makes a great end-of-year teacher gift and perfect gift for mom (or grandmother) for Mother’s Day.
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 2 teaspoons of your favorite essential oil (peppermint, lavender, vanilla, etc.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 cups opaque glycerin melt-and-pour soap
- Cut and melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler.
- Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and vitamin E oil.
- Pour mixture into a glass measuring cup and stir in the essential oil.
- Pour into soap, filling to top of mold. If bubbles appear on top of soap, gently spritz with alcohol to pop them.
- Let sit undisturbed for at least four hours.
- Please note that glycerin is a humectant, which means it attracts moisture. In humid environments this moisture can form water droplets, and over time, will develop a film. The film can be removed with water, but to prevent it from occurring, tightly wrap glycerin soaps in plastic film wrap to prevent moisture from getting in.
If you plan to give homemade soap as a gift you could:
- Wrap individual bars in ribbon.
- Place inside a cellophane gift bag with some shredded colored paper and tie bag with a matching ribbon.
- Create and add a custom label or tag.
- Present with a unique or antique soap dish.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Home bakers have trusted Imperial Sugar since 1843. We’re happy to share these coupons with you.
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Search Kids in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Cubie & Cubette's Cooking Club
- Fun Kid’s Projects