5 Star Recipes
Dressings, Marinades, Sauces
Jam & Jelly
Quick And Easy
Recipes For Kids
Cookies & Bars
Crisps, Cobblers, Crumbles
Frosting, Glazes, Syrup
Pies & Tarts
Pudding, Mousse, Souffles
Constant hand washing, dry weather and day-to-day wear and tear all take their toll on your hands. Nurture the sensitive skin on your hands with a jar of this natural lemon scrub. Formulated with pure citrus juice and oils, this mix will exfoliate, clean and moisturize. Because all ingredients are natural and perishable, this product should be used within 4-6 weeks.
- 2 small jars (mason or other, 6-oz. works best) from a local craft store
- 2 – 2 1/2 cups of Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granuated or Light Brown Sugar (use granulated sugar for a gentle scrub and brown sugar for a stronger scrub)
- 1/2 cup olive, coconut or canola oil
- 4 - 5 tablespoons lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon (optional)
- Vanilla extract
Directions for making two 6-oz. jars:
- Measure 2 – 2 1/2 cups of sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in olive oil.
- Add lemon juice plus the zest of one lemon.
- Add a few drops of vanilla extract to sweeten the scent.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the jars.
- Add a label, some ribbon for decoration, and a small wooden spoon for an added touch.
- Print a customizable Sugar Scrub label if giving as a gift.
- Store in an airtight container and use within a month.
Love coupons, delicious recipes and contests? Register for Imperial Sugar's Sweet Community newsletter and gain insider only access. Be the first to know; sign up today!
Sign up today for our free newsletter. Get exclusive recipes and coupons!
- Share Your Recipe
- Tips for Baking & Cooking With Sugar
- My Recipe Box
- New Recipes
- 5 Star Recipes
- Kid’s in the Kitchen Search Results
- Search Kid’s in the Kitchen Recipes
- My First Cookbooks
- Fun Kid’s Projects