Toasted Coconut Cream Pudding
- 1 (14 oz) bag shredded sweetened coconut
- 2 (3.4 oz) instant coconut pudding
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14 oz can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (11 oz.) box of vanilla wafers
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread coconut on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet in an even layer.
- Put the baking sheet on the middle rack and bake for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, open oven and gently stir coconut with a spatula. Bake until coconut is golden brown, about 3–4 more minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together powdered pudding mix, milk, and condensed milk until smooth. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into pudding mix, until smooth.
- In a large bowl (or 8 individual mason jars) assemble the pudding. First, lay 1/3 of vanilla wafers across bottom of bowl. Top with 1/3 of toasted coconut. Cover with 1/3 of pudding mixture. Continue with 2 more layers, reserving a little toasted coconut to use as garnish.
- Cover pudding and let it rest in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving. Can be made up to a day ahead.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Can you use cooked coconut pudding instead of the instant? Where we live the instant isn't an option.
Yes, it will work with cooked pudding as well. Hope you enjoy!
In reply to (No subject) by Esther Kadatz
This recipe is heavenly! I will be making 2 Trifle bowls of it for July 4th! Every family gathering, Church socials, Birthdays, and Holidays….this is my most requested dessert! Thank you so much for the recipe!