Bath Soap Crayons
Your kids won't want to leave the tub with these fun homemade Bath Soap Crayons! Fun to make together and fun to use, these crayons are a hit with kids and parents alike (and clean up is easy, too). This craft is a definite for your summer "to do" list. Made with simple ingredients, this soap gives your little Picasso a reason to jump in the tub without a fuss. Bath time has never been so sweet!
- Cut melt-and-pour soap into cubes and place in a double boiler. Cover with lid.
- When soap is melted, remove from heat and mix in brown sugar and Vitamin E oil.
- Divide mixture equally into four small bowls.
- Add approximately 20-30 drops of color to each bowl and mix. The more coloring you use, the darker the crayons will be.
- Pour mixtures into fun-shaped molds and let set. We used hearts for ours. You can find crayon-shaped molds in craft stores. Use a thicker mold for little hands as the bath soap crayons will get slippery when wet.
- Test your homemade bath soap crayons on your bathtub and other surfaces before letting your kids go wild with them to make sure that the color does not stain. Plastic bathtubs have a tendency to stain more so than other surfaces.
- Avoid grouted areas with your bath soap crayons.