Christmas Craft Stick Ornaments
Here's a simple and easy Christmas craft your kids will love. Craft stick ornaments are a fun way to add some homemade touches to your Christmas tree. Kids can paint their favorite holiday characters, like Santa and his elves, or simply paint the craft sticks to decorate them. Use our homemade sugar paste to attach decorations, like eyes for your characters and pom-poms for their hats, or to add glitter for a fun and sparkly touch!
- Edible Sugar Paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Wooden craft sticks
- Paint Brushes
- Sugar paste
- Googly eyes
- Decorations (like pom-poms, pipe cleaners, and felt)
- Make the ornaments: Use the paint to add a base color and allow to dry. Paint features on the ornaments -- we made Santa, an Elf, a Reindeer, a Snowman, and a Penguin.
- Make the sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Use the sugar paste to attach googly eyes, pom-poms, pipe cleaners, and felt to add final touches.
- Attach string to the back of each ornament using the sugar paste.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments