Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats
Who says decorating is just for cookies? With some royal icing, you can decorate just about anything, including Rice Krispie Treats. Quicker to make than Easter cookies, these Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treats are ready to go in under 10 minutes. No heat, no knives and no-bake. Let the little ones go wild and decorate with swirls, dots, stripes and designs.
- Rice Krispie® Treats (either homemade or store-bought)
- Royal icing
- Food coloring
- Additional squeezable icings (optional)
- Piping bag or squeeze bottle and different shaped decorating tips
- Egg shaped cookie cutter
- Cut Rice Krispie Treats into egg shapes with cookie cutter. If using store-bought treats, you may have to place two treats side-by-side depending on the size of your cookie cutter.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or wax paper over treats and gently and evenly press down to flatten top. Do not flatten completely. You are just trying to create a more even surface.
- Prepare royal icing. Separate into bowls and tint colors based on your preference.
- Using white royal icing in a piping bag, cover top of Easter Egg Rice Krispie Treat completely. Leave about a 1/4" edge around the outside. Use a toothpick to gently push the icing all the way to the edge. Placing the icing all they way to the edge from the bag may cause drips.
- Next, use different shades of royal icing (and different tips) to get creative with your Easter egg designs.
- Let dry overnight and store in an airtight container.