Floating Ghost Decorations
Spook up your home or party with decorations you can make with supplies you probably already have on hand. These easy-to-make ghosts are sweet, pretty sturdy and will surprise your guests hanging from a chandelier or ceiling.
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- Fishing line
- Black felt or vinyl
- Modge Podge
- Cut squares of cheesecloth according to size you desire.
- Mix water and sugar in a bowl.
- Dip cheesecloth into sugar mixture and cover completely.
- Cover cheesecloth over an inflated balloon. Be sure that you coat the top of the balloon (ghost's head) thickly so that it will hold up when hung. Run the ends of the cheesecloth through your fingers to keep the coating lighter on the bottom as it will take a long time to dry if you don't.
- To dry, set the balloon on top of a drinking glass so that bottom of the cheesecloth ghost doesn't touch the surface.
- Place ghost on top of a glass on a cookie sheet to catch the sugar water run-off until dry.
- Put fishing line through top of ghost's head and then loop up through bottom. Tie in a knot.
- Cut black circles from felt or vinyl for eyes and mouth and attach with sticker backing or modge podge.
- Hang ghost until eyes and mouth are dry.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments