Ghost Poop Treat Bags
Give your party guests, friends and neighbors a chuckle when you hand them this clever Ghost Poop Treat Bag. We've made homemade meringue cookies so we could add the swirl at the top to up the icky factor - but mini marshmallows work well too. All you need are clear bags, meringue cookies or marshmallows and card stock to print the bag topper for hilarious Halloween treat!
- Meringue Cookies
- 1 cup egg whites (about 8) without any traces of yolk
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- clear bags
- meringue cookies (recipe below) or mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 210°F.
- Place egg whites in a medium mixing bowl. Beat egg whites with a stand mixer on high speed for about 1 minute.
- Continue to beat while gradually adding sugar, salt and vanilla. Beat until egg whites are stiff and glossy. Do not underbeat.
- Using a spoon drop the meringue in generous 2 tablespoon amounts on parchment lined cookies sheets.
- Place in oven and bake until meringue is thoroughly crisp, about 45-60 minutes depending on how big meringues are. Turn oven off and leave the meringues in oven with the door closed for 1 hour. Breaking a baked meringue in half will help with determining doneness. When broken in half interior should become dry and non-sticky within a minute.
- While meringue is cooling, print the treat bag toppers, cut out and fold where indicated.
- Once meringue cookies are completely cooled, add to bag and staple topper along the top. Make sure the bag is airtight to prevent meringue from becoming soggy.