Ghostly Candle Holder
You'll go batty making these cute and easy Halloween themed candle holders and vases. Light casts a beautiful glow through the sugar coating; illuminating the vinyl design underneath. We used our Sugar Crystal Candle Holder project as inspiration but added another layer of spooky fun! These are a great, inexpensive Halloween decorations.
- Spread layer of sugar onto a plate and set aside.
- Trace a silhouette on black vinyl and cut out.
- Attach vinyl cut outs to glass container with sticker backing.
- Paint your glass container liberally with Modge Podge. The more Modge Podge you use, the better the sugar will stick to the glass.
- Roll your candle holder evenly over the sugar on the plate. Once it's coated, pat the sugar down with your hands to be sure it is evenly coated.
- Let it dry for at least a couple of hours before using. You can lightly spray a clear spray paint or shellac over the candle holder after it's dry to prevent the sugar from falling off over time. Seal in a plastic bag and store in an airtight container.