Holiday Cookie Place Cards
These adorable Holiday Cookie Place Cards give a warm welcome to guests of all ages. Made of delicious gingerbread, once seen, these place cards won't last long. Your table has never looked so sweet!
Gingerbread Cookie Place Cards can be made into any Christmas design. Just start with a holiday themed cookie cutter (glove, sweater, snowman) and let your kids decorate with assorted candies and sprinkles. These Holiday Cookie Place Cards can be made up to three days in advance.
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup molasses
- Royal Icing
- Assorted candies and colored sprinkles
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt and spices.
- Cream butter and brown sugar using an electric mixer. Add egg, vanilla, and molasses.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. When flour is incorporated, turn the dough out onto a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper. Wrap and chill for at least four hours.
- Roll out the dough onto a floured surface, about a 1/4 inch thick. Cut shapes using a cookie cutter, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet. Cut triangles and round cookie bases to use for the stands. Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes in a 350°F oven. Let the cookies cool on the sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, decorate the cookies with Royal Icing, candies and sprinkles. Let harden completely.
- To make the place card, use Royal Icing as "glue" to adhere the stand cookies to the cutout cookies. Apply a generous amount and let the cookies set for at least 12 hours to ensure the icing hardens in place.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Do not refrigerate.