Homemade Hummingbird Nectar
Hummingbird season is different depending on the area you live in. But if you reside in the Southern United States, Mexico, Central America or South America, they can live in your area all-year long, making the fall season a perfect time to enjoy their beauty together with your children.You can attract them to your own backdoor with this simple-to-make sugar nectar.
- Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Bring four cups of water to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add one cup of granulated sugar and stir.
- Once sugar is dissolved, cool in the refrigerator overnight.
- You can purchase a hummingbird feeder from the store or make your own out of a recycled bottle. Place the feeder in a quiet area, by a window if possible for excellent viewing! Change the food in feeder every three days or more often as needed.