Rainbow Marshmallow Necklaces
This is a sweet little something to keep, or give away to your special someone. Anything you can make, wear, and eat for a snack later on is a winner in our book!
Little ones will love being able to string this colorful necklace themselves and then nibble on it for an afternoon snack. This activity is great for teaching and practicing patterns and fine motor skills. Children can pick their favorite colors and repeat the pattern until they have made a necklace long enough for their necks.
Want to give it away as a gift? This would be a darling gift for Valentine's Day or Mother's Day.
- White candy melts
- Yarn or thick string
- Plastic sewing needle
- Colored round cereal (such as Fruit Loops® or Fruity Cheerios®)
- Corn Syrup Free Marshmallows
- Prepare marshmallows according to recipe. Cut into square or heart shapes.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions.
- Dip half of the marshmallow into the melted candy melt. Top with sprinkles. Let dry.
- Cut yarn and thread with plastic needle.
- Have children pick a pattern and repeat it a few times threading cereal through.
- Thread the marshmallow through. (The needle can get sticky, so have some wipes nearby.)
- Repeat the pattern on the other side. Tie a knot and wear around your neck.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments