Here's a sweet tradition for Christmas morning. These adorable Santa pancakes are super simple to make -- easy enough to get the kids involved.
Start with our light and fluffy made-from-scratch buttermilk pancakes. Top the pancakes with sliced, fresh strawberries to make Santa’s red hat. Then give Santa two chocolate chip eyes and a red candy nose. Lastly let the kids go wild with the whipped cream to create the furry portion of his hat and his white beard.
You're sure to see lots of smiles around the table on Christmas morning. In fact, we bet they'll be asking for these pancakes for years to come.
This recipe makes approximately 12 pancakes.
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 stick melted butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- strawberries, sliced in half
- chocolate chips
- red candy coated chocolates
- spray whipped cream
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk buttermilk, melted butter, vanilla, and eggs.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until just combined, the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Ladle 1/4 cup of batter and cook until bubbles form around the sides. Flip and cook until cooked through.
- Place pancake on plate. Arrange strawberries on top of pancake for Santa’s hat. Add chocolate chips for eyes, red candy for nose, and spray whipped cream to make Santa’s beard.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments