Halloween Sugar Cone Witch Hats
Nobody will have to ask if you are a good witch or a bad witch when you bring these hats to the party! Treat those you love to a little Halloween fun with a sweet snack that is also fun to look at.
This super simple treat takes a standard sugar ice cream cone, rolls it in frosting and colored sugar and then decorates it with either rolled fondant or edible paper. Be prepared to have some messy (and tasty) fun when your kiddos make this Halloween favorite.
- Sugar Cones (we used traditional brown cones, but if you can find some black cones - even better!)
- A can of white frosting
- Black food coloring (found in the cake decorating section of your local craft store)
- Purple Sugar Sheets (found in the cake decorating section of your local craft store)
- Yellow Reese's Pieces candy
- Round cookie (Any cookie will do because you'll be spreading frosting over the cookie to adhere the cone to it.)
- Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Dye white frosting with black food coloring and spread evenly on the cones.
- Dye granulated sugar with black food coloring. Roll the frosted cones in the sugar.
- Frost the top of the cookie and put the frosted/sugared cone on top of it.
- Spread a thin strip of black frosted icing along the bottom rim of the hat.
- Cut a strip of purple Sugar Sheet (edible decorating paper) for the hat band.
- Adhere the Sugar Sheet hat band with the shiny side down along the bottom of the frosted hat rim.
- Put a dot of frosting on a yellow Reese's Pieces candy and adhere to the hat rim over the overlapping sugar sheet hat band.
- You can decorate your witch hat any way you like and can substitute the purple Sugar Sheet with sprinkles for a hat band.