Homemade Wind Chime
Make breezy summer days more musical and enchanting with this easy craft for kids. Using beads, bells and edible decoupage, this cute ocean-themed patio decoration is fun to make and would be a cute gift for family or friends.
- Miniature flower pot
- Beads (we used round and fish and dolphin shaped beads)
- Small bells
- Plastic craft lace
- Images (you can cut shapes out of tissue paper or card stock, print images of the computer or even cut pictures out of magazines)
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Mix flour, sugar, water and oil in a pot and stir over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make decoupage.
- Paint a layer of decoupage over the flowerpot to adhere shapes/images (we used pictures of shells).
- Paint a thin layer over images on flower pot to seal the images on. The more you use, the darker the decoupage will appear when dry. We used a bit more for this project to give it a sandy look.
- Set flower pot aside to dry.
- Knot three pieces of craft lace and string with different beads and bells.
- When the flower pot has dried, poke the ends of all three strands of craft lace through the hole in the top of the flower pot.
- Make a knot with all three at the base of the flower pot and another knot several inches above that to form a loop so you can hang the wind chime.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments