Holiday Scrap Fabric Ornaments
Deck the halls with fun and style by making these homemade fabric scrap ornaments! Your kids will love getting creative, working with different types of fabric, making beautiful keepsake ornaments to have for years or to give as gifts. Trim the tree in a personal way by mixing and matching fabric, or by creating a themed tree. This craft is easy for kids, and enjoyable to do together as a family or with friends. This is a great party activity to keep little ones entertained and in the holiday spirit. To make these beautiful decorative ornaments, use pre-cut fabric scraps, make the homemade edible decoupage, then let them get creative to design masterpieces that they can keep or give as gifts to those they love.
- Small strips and squares of holiday themed printed material, brown muslin or burlap.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon oil (grapeseed, olive, etc.)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Styrofoam balls
- Paint brush
- Twine or ribbon
- Mix flour, sugar, oil and water in a pot over low heat until well combined and smooth in texture to make the decoupage.
- Cut fabric into small strips and squares.
- Paint styrofoam balls with decoupage and attach fabric. Paint over each fabric piece after attaching so you can layer on more fabric as well as seal the ornament together.
- After fully covered, set aside to dry (this will take several hours).
- When dry, use a pin to attach a small twine or ribbon loop so you can hang on the tree.