Sparkling Sugar Ornaments
Skip the holiday crowd this year and make these sparkling ornaments for your tree right at home. We modified our colored sugar cube recipe to make cute, easy no-bake ornaments perfect for even the smallest hands. Kids will love packing the colored sugar into a cookie cutter and see the sugar "snow" take shape. We chose pink for our ornaments, but you can choose any color to match your holiday theme.
- Pour the sugar into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the water and food coloring.
- Pour the mixture into the sugar bowl and mix until combined. It should feel like wet sand. If it's too dry, add 1/2 teaspoon of water at a time. If it's too wet, add sugar by the tablespoon until the texture is right.
- Mix in glitter.
- Lay out a piece of wax paper and pack the wet sugar mixture tightly into a cookie cutter.
- Immediately push it out of the mold (carefully) onto the wax paper.
- Let dry for about an hour before moving to a drying rack.
- Dry for about 24 hours, until completely dry.
- Add ribbon to the top with a hot glue gun.
- We recommend storing the ornaments in a sealed plastic bag when not in use.