These adorable Pinecone Turkeys are an easy Thanksgiving craft for the kids to make. Go on a nature hunt to find the pinecones outside, then bring the fun into the kitchen with this activity.
These little turkeys would be a great centerpiece bunched together in a basket, or would work as individual place card settings - just attach a card with a guest's name on it. Line your mantle with these gobblers, or tie them onto a gift package of treats for your neighbors. However you use them, this activity is a great way to keep the kids busy during the holiday break.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Paint brush
- Pinecones (clean and dry)
- Colorful feathers
- Small piece of orange foam or paper
- 2 small googly eyes
- Turn your pinecone on its side so the bottom of it is facing you (this will be the face).
- Use the paintbrush to dot on the glue and apply the colorful feathers. You may need to hold the feathers for a few minutes to allow the glue to dry.
- Cut out a small triangle out of the orange foam or paper for the turkey gizzard.
- Glue the turkey gizzard and the googly eyes onto the front. You now have your very own turkey pinecone perfect for displaying!