Pumpkin Spice Pecans in Pumpkin Jars
A hand painted pumpkin jar that hides a sweet and nutty pumpkin treat. Part Thanksgiving craft and part recipe, these hand painted pumpkin jars are the perfect container for gifting homemade glazed pecans.
Start by making big batches of our Pumpkin Spiced Glazed Pecan recipe in the slow cooker -- a simple and easy way to roast a Southern favorite. While the pecans are roasting, you can paint the outside of your pumpkin themed jars and lids.
When the nuts are done and the paint is dry, package up the pecans in the pumpkin jars and give them as party favors or gifts during the holiday season. You could also personalize the jars and use as a place card for fall get togethers, use several as a Thanksgiving centerpiece, or present them as a thank you gift for a special teacher or neighbor.
Pumpkin Spice Glazed Pecans are delicious on their own as a snack, tossed in a salad, or on top of an ice cream sundae.
- Pumpkin Spice Pecans
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Small lidded glass jars
- Orange acrylic paint
- Green acrylic paint
- Green or orange ribbon
- Add pecans, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, salt, honey, maple syrup, and butter to a slow cooker. Toss to combine. Cook on LOW for 1 1/2 hours. The nuts should be well coated when stirred.
- While nuts are cooking, create the pumpkin jars. Paint the outside of a small glass lidded jar with orange acrylic paint. Paint the lid with green acrylic paint. Let the pumpkin jars dry completely.
- Remove nuts from slow cooker and spread them onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with more salt if desired. Let cool completely.
- Place into pumpkin jars and tie with ribbon for a sweet holiday gift.