Glitter Star Garland
Add a little sparkle and wonder to your windows and doors this winter season. Trace stars (any shape you like really - a cookie cutter is a good tracing tool) on different papers. Card stock, glitter paper, and vellum - different textures look beautiful.
Cut out and paint the edges with sugar paste. Dip into glitter and let dry. String onto a strand of LED lights and decorate your windows and mantels. Using battery operated LED strands allows you to decorate wreaths too. This festive and pretty garland will delight you and your little ones.
- Sugar Paste
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup boiling water
- Different papers (card stock, glitter paper, vellum, etc.)
- Cookie cutters
- Sugar paste
- Paint brushes
- Hole punch
- Paper clips
- LED lights
- Make the sugar paste: In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar and cup of cold water. Add boiling water. Stir to combine and let come to room temperature.
- Make the garland: Trace shapes onto paper.
- Cut out and paint the edges with sugar paste.
- Sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Punch a hole at the top. Thread a paper clip through the hole and attach to a strand of fairy lights.
- Hang and enjoy!