Turkey Handprint Apron
Children's handprint art is a timeless classic that no one can resist. Here's a way to make the artwork functional and display it year round. Turn it into an apron!
We've created a child size version here, but you could easily make a matching set for mom and dad too.
This festive turkey handprint apron will look so cute on your child as he or she is helping you prepare a Thanksgiving feast in the kitchen, but will certainly be cherished years later...long after he or she has outgrown it.
- Blank cloth apron (check your local craft store)
- Acrylic paint in brown, orange, yellow, green and red. (Be sure to select paint that is safe for fabric to extend the life of your apron after several washings.)
- Paint the thumb and palm of your child's hand with brown paint.
- Paint each finger with a different color paint.
- Press your child's hand firmly on the apron; making sure that the entire fingers and hand make contact with the cloth. Don't roll the hand around as this will blur the print.
- Embellish the turkey with a beak, feet, eye and "gobbler".
- Print your child's name and age with a black sharpie.
- Wash in cold and air dry.