With Chef Eddy's stamped cookie recipe you can transform simple paper-crafting rubber stamps into culinary tools and create a unique cookie - edible art that your entire family can make. You can make holiday themed stamped cookies, monogrammed stamped cookies, sports themed stamped cookies - you can personalize your stamped cookies to your heart's content.
- Prepare cookie dough per instructions. Place dough in refrigerator until firm enough to roll. About 30-40 minutes or overnight.
- Meanwhile on the work surface area where you will be rolling dough, place a cookie sheet filled with ice cubes to chill this area.
- Roll dough to 1/4-inch thick and cut into desired shapes. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. Place briefly in freezer to make the cutouts very cold and firm. Continue with remaining dough.
- Using your stamp, press firmly into dough to obtain well defined marks.
- Brush with water and sprinkle with extra fine granulated sugar.
- Bake according to recipe.
Decorating Baked Cookies:
- To use craft stamps to decorate baked cookies, you'll need a canvas (white is a good place to begin), either using royal icing or white fondant, which can be purchased at any craft store.
- To apply your stamp to your iced cookies, you'll need a clean rubber or acrylic stamp and either food coloring gel, paste food coloring or edible ink markers. Cover your stamps with your color of choice and gently stamp your cookies. Feeling more artistic? Carry on and add some edible glitter or colorful edible sugar pearls. Luster dust, typically used for cake decorating, can be used to add shimmer a stamped cookie. Dampen the dust with lemon extract and then carefully apply to each cookie with a tiny brush.