Sugar Crystal Candle Holders
You can make a sweet gift for a teacher, friend or family member using only a few ingredients. This decoupage sugar crystal candle holder is a very cute, inexpensive gift that only takes about 20 minutes to make. It's so easy that children of all ages can easily make their own sugar-coated creations.
- In a bowl, mix 1 cup of sugar with a couple of drops of food coloring. The more food coloring you put in, the darker your color will turn out.
- Spread out the colored sugar onto a plate and set aside.
- Paint your glass container liberally with Modge Podge. The more Modge Podge you use, the better the sugar will stick to the glass.
- Roll your candle holder over the colored sugar on the plate. Once it's coated, you can pat the sugar down with your hands to be sure it is evenly coated.
- Let it dry for at least a couple of hours and voila...you're done! You can spray a clear glass sealant over the candle holder after it's dry to prevent the sugar from falling off over time.
- You can also try coarse grains of sugar, such as Turbinado, for a rougher and more opaque coating.