- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Optional: 1 bag (5-6 oz.) pecans halves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine sugars, half and half and butter. Using a heat resistant or wood spatula stir mixture to 230°F.
- At 230°F add remaining ingredients and stir to 237°F. Remove from heat and let mixture cool undisturbed and uncovered to 212°F.
- At 212°F stir mixture for a few seconds and drop by tablespoon-sized portions on wax paper or on a silicone baking mat. Let harden.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- To make good pralines, a candy or a digital kitchen thermometer is essential.
- If the mixture firms or becomes crystallized before it was dropped, reheat the mixture with a few drops of water. Let cool slightly and drop on wax paper.