- Enough to make your coffee sweet, sweet, sweet! Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Authentic cuban coffee, such as Bustelo brand
- Optional: steamed milk for Cafe con Leche
- Fill bottom container with water below seal. The amount of water depends on the size of pot that you are using.
- Put ground coffee (Bustelo is a very popular brand that you can buy online or in specialty grocery stores) in middle portion of pot and tap down and then add a little bit more. The amount depends on the size of coffee pot.
- Screw top of coffee pot on to base.
- Turn on a burner to medium to low heat an place pot on stove.
- In about 5 minutes you will begin to hear sputtering sounds coming from pot. That is when you know coffee is ready, so turn off your burner.
- Put granulated sugar into cup first – 1 teaspoon per demitasse or to taste, and pour coffee over sugar to melt it.
- Enjoy the rich flavor of Cuba.
Imperial Sugar Insight
For Café con Leche, simply use 2 parts Cuban Coffee to 1 part steamed milk.
You can also use an espresso machine instead of a stovetop coffee pot. Just follow the instructions.