- 2 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 9x13-inch pan with parchment paper or butter well. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- Melt butter until just melted (do not boil) and add brown sugar. Mix in eggs one by one and combine well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Add chopped pecans or walnuts.
- Spread mixture in pan and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Place in oven and bake until lightly golden about 23 - 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting.