- 4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 cups strawberries chopped (about 2 cartons of strawberries)
- You will also need: a medium saucepan, knife, cutting board, measuring cups, spoon, 4 small jars and paraffin wax.
- Put together all ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar has melted completely.
- Bring mixture to a boil and continue to boil for 20 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Let cool in the same saucepan.
- When cold, place in clean, hot jars and seal cold with paraffin.
- Refrigerate and serve cold over Texas Toast.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Level of Difficulty: Easy
This classic recipe has been in the family for generations.
Click here to see our 1972 TV commercial for My First Cookbook!