- Wash and rinse plastic containers with tight fitting lids.
- Crush berries 1 cup at a time using a potato masher (do not puree).
- Place fruit and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Measure exact amount of sugar into a separate bowl.
- Stir sugar into fruit and juice; mix well. Let stand for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir 1 package pectin and 3/4 cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Stir pectin mixture into fruit. Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy (about 3 minutes).
- Pour into prepared containers, leaving 1/2 inch at top for expansion during freezing; cover.
- Let stand at room temperature 24 hours or until set. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or store in freezer for up to a years.
Cook’s Tip: For best results use firm ripe fruit for best flavor and set. Over-ripe fruit produces a soft set. Under-ripe fruit makes a firm set. Measure ingredients exactly.