- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (about 4-5) very ripe and finely mashed bananas
- 1 pint strawberries cut in quarters
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour and baking soda and set aside.
- For easy removal from pan brush a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with melted butter. Cut parchment paper and line the sides of pan with parchment paper (butter keeps parchment in place). Set aside.
- In bowl cream butter until light and creamy, add sugar, vanilla, salt and cinnamon and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated and batter is smooth.
- Add mashed bananas and combine, add flour mixture and blend until smooth. Fold in strawberry pieces.
- Scrape batter into prepared mold and place in oven on middle rack.
- Bake until center of banana bread is no longer sticky or an inserted toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
Banana bread is always a crowd pleaser and this one is especially delicious with the addition of vitamin C rich strawberries. Bananas are a good source of fiber and if desired replace all-purpose flour with whole wheat flour to increase fiber content.