- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chipotle
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 20 ounces (1.25 lb) ground lean turkey meat
- 1/4 cup shredded monterrey jack or cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices monterrey jack cheese
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 lime
- 1 large tomato
- 1/2 cup salsa, slightly drained
- Few sprigs cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Whisk to combine garlic, red onion, paprika, first listed chipotle, oregano, thyme, sugar, first listed salsa and salt. Add to meat along with shredded cheese and combine well.
- Shape into 4 patties slightly larger than buns as meat will shrink during grilling.
- Mix mayonnaise with chipotle and set aside.
- Peel and slice avocados in slices and sprinkle with lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. Slice tomatoes and set aside.
- Place patties on medium heat and grill about 5 minutes, turn over and cook for about 5 more minutes or until juices run clear. Place a slice of cheese on the patties near end of grilling. Remove from heat when cheese is melted.
- Spread a little chipotle mayonnaise on both sides of buns.
- Place patties on bottom side bum and cover with avocado, tomato, salsa and cilantro and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
For these burgers lean turkey meat is mixed with onions, salsa and lots of spices to create a moist and delicious burger. As a vegetable consider serving a mayonnaise free, south of the border style coleslaw.