- Evenly spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine gelatin and 2/3 cup water, fit with whip attachment and set aside.
- In a saucepan combine sugar and 3/4 cu[ water and cover with a lid. Boil for 3 minutes and remove lid. Attach a thermometer on side of pan and boil until syrup reaches 240°F. Do not stir syrup as this may cause it to crystallize.
- Remove from heat, engage mixer in medium speed and while whipping pour hot syrup in a slow and steady stream onto whipping gelatin. Once all combined engage mixer in high speed. Add salt.
- Whip until mixture feels lukewarm and looks like marshmallow fluff, about 8-12 minutes. Add all spices and when combined stop mixer, scrape marshmallow into prepared pan. Spread evenly. Dust with a partial amount of powdered sugar.
- Allow to cool, preferably overnight while covered with plastic food wrap. Does not need to be refrigerated.
- Next day remove from pan and cut into desired size, toss generously into powdered sugar.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Use caution while working with hot syrups as they can cause severe burns. Working in a calm environment is essential.
- Homemade marshmallows are more light and airy than the packaged kind.