- 2 medium acorn squash, seeded, cut into about 3/4 inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Parmesan cheese shavings
- For topping: chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add squash. Drizzle with olive oil; season with kosher salt to taste. Toss to coat.
- Arrange squash on a foil-lined large, rimmed baking sheet. Roast 22-26 minutes, or until tender and golden.
- Remove squash from oven. In a medium bowl, stir together orange juice, orange zest, light brown sugar, vinegar and thyme until well combined.
- Drizzle with orange-thyme glaze; toss gently. Sprinkle pecans over top of squash; return to oven; roast an additional 5 minutes or until golden brown. Top squash with cheese shavings. If desired, garnish with parsley. Serve warm.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Third Place Winner in Dixie Crystals 2012 Homemade Holidays Thanksgiving Recipe Contest!