- 1 cup all-purpose flour *
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup fine chopped chives
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Butter and flour an 8-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking soda, stir in cornmeal and combine well. Set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy, Add sugar and cream well. Add one egg at a time waiting for previous added amount to be fully incorporated. Add salt, sour cream, milk, parsley and chives.
- Add dry ingredients and combine until smooth. Scrape batter into pan and place in oven.
- Bake until the center of cornbread bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or an inserted toothpick comes out clean.