- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen raspberries (defrosted)
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- Zest of 1 lemon and 1 orange
- 2 - 3 large fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4-5 lemons)
- 3/4 cups fresh squeezed orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- Seltzer water
- Optional: Sweet white wine or prosecco
- Press raspberries through a fine mesh sieve to discard the seeds. Pour into large pourable bowl.
- In medium sauce pan, boil sugar, water, zest, and basil. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Strain all citrus juices and sugar syrup into raspberry puree.
- Pour about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of raspberry citrus mixture into a large glass of ice; add seltzer and wine to taste.
- Garnish with fresh fruit.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.