- Cherry Chipotle Pulled Pork
- 3 pound boneless pork shoulder roast
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce, from chipotle pepper can
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dried sweet cherries
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- Sandwich or slider buns
- Cilantro Lime Slaw
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces packaged coleslaw
- Rub pork shoulder evenly with salt and pepper. In a large sauté pan, heat oil over high heat. Place pork shoulder roast in sauté pan and sear each side until browned, about 3 minutes a side. Once roast is browned place it in slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir to combine ketchup, apple cider vinegar, brown sugar, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and cinnamon. Pour over pork roast and add cherries and garlic to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- To create Cilantro Lime Slaw, whisk to combine canola oil, white wine vinegar, cilantro, lime juice, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add coleslaw and toss to evenly coat coleslaw with dressing.
- When pork shoulder roast is finished cooking and is fork tender, remove roast from slow cooker and place on a cutting board. With a fork, pull roast until shredded. Return pulled pork to slow cooker and stir to coat with remaining cooking juices.
- Serve alone or on sandwich or slider buns topped with slaw.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.