Banana Cream Cheese Filling
- 1/4 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
Cinnamon Raisin French Toast
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, unsalted
- 8 slices cinnamon raisin bread
- 2 freshly sliced bananas for topping
- Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, for dusting
- Caramel Pecan Syrup
- Brown Sugar Syrup
- To make filling: In a medium-sized bowl, beat together whipped cream cheese, ripe banana, and powdered sugar until incorporated. Set aside.
- To make French toast: In a shallow dish, beat eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of powdered sugar until well incorporated.
- Heat a frying pan or griddle on medium-high heat. Melt 1 tablespoon of butter for every 2 slices of cinnamon raisin bread. Once the butter is melted in the pan (about 1 minute), quickly dip 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin bread (both sides) into the egg mixture and place in the pan. *Do not overcrowd the pan. Make sure you work in batches. Cook on one side for 2-3 minutes until golden in color.
- After flipping the slices of cinnamon raisin bread, add 1 1/2 tablespoons of banana cream cheese mixture to the cooked side of bread. Place the second slice of french toast on top of the banana cream cheese mixture cooked side down (to form a sandwich). Flip and flatten, ensuring that the cream cheese binds to the two slices of bread. Cook for one additional minute. Repeat until you have 4 servings of french toast (2 slices sandwiched together equals one serving.) Keep the cooked stuffed french toast in an oven at 250 degrees.
- Serve Cinnamon Raisin Banana Stuffed French Toast with sliced bananas, a dusting of powdered sugar, and maple syrup, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Katie Jasiewicz @KatiesCucina.