- 2 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut into one-inch pieces
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lightly toasted and ground coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt, divided
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed ice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon as a garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Place carrots in a 12-inch sheet of foil; spray liberally with non-stick cooking spray, crimp edges of foil and place on a baking sheet.
- Roast the carrots for 20 minutes or until caramelized and tender; remove from oven and carefully spoon into a food processor.
- Add dates, brown sugar, ground coconut, ginger, cinnamon, garam masala and cloves to carrots; puree mixture until smooth.
- Spoon carrot puree into a blender; add 1/2 cup yogurt and coconut milk; process 15 seconds.
- Add ice to blender and continue to process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour smoothies into tall glasses; garnish top with dollops of remaining yogurt sprinkled with a pinch of cinnamon.
- Serve with a straw.
Source URL: https://www.imperialsugar.com/recipes/indian-inspired-roasted-carrot-date-smoothie