- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces, chopped
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- If you have two 24 cavity mini muffin tins prepare both with cooking spray, otherwise prepare just one and set aside.
- Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients mix pumpkin, eggs, oil, salt, all spices, herbs and brown sugar. Stir in flour very briefly. Crumble 2/3 of goat cheese in small pieces into batter and gently mix.
- Using a piping bag or a spoon fill cavities 3/4 full. Sprinkle with walnut pieces and remaining cheese.
- Place in oven and bake until center springs back when gently pressed with a finger, about 12 - 14 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- If using only one pan, repeat process.