- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup firmly packed Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup hot brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ice cream of choice
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 380°F.
- Brush about 1 tablespoon melted butter in a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Sift together flour, first listed cocoa powder and baking powder. Place in a bowl and whisk in first listed brown sugar and salt. Stir in milk, vanilla and melted butter. Stir in pecan pieces and scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Combine second listed brown sugar and cocoa powder and sprinkle onto cake batter.
- Pour coffee, hot water and vanilla onto sugar mixture. Place in oven and bake for 40-43 minutes or until the center of cake feels almost set when lightly pressed with a finger.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes.
- Scoop cake and fudge sauce into a serving bowl and serve with ice cream of choice.