- Crust and topping
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 8 ounces dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces dried mission figs, halved and stems removed
- Bottle of merlot wine
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Layer the crust and topping ingredients first: sugar, baking powder, then flour.
- Layer the filling ingredients next: cherries, then sugar, then figs, and finally the cinnamon on top.
- Print a theme specific Gift Mix Instructions card and attach to your package. We have three themed gift mix cards to choose from: all-seasons, Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Attach recipe card with ribbon, raffia or string.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: If you cannot find a 72 ounce clear canister you can use a half-gallon Mason jar and just package extra fruit in a separate bag.