- Combine sugar, water, and salt in a sauté pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add macadamia pieces and toss into syrup. Cook a few minutes and until most of syrup is evaporated. Remove from heat. Stir macadamias until a white grainy coating develops on surface.
- Turn heat back on to medium and toss macadamias until white coating caramelizes and they sound “dry”. Drop onto a plate and set aside.
- Without peeling, cut bananas crosswise in 4-5 pieces and set upright on a platter. Using a melon baller or small spoon make a indention on surface to be filled later with ice cream.
- Place banana pieces in freezer. Meanwhile melt chocolate candy coating according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Remove peel from bananas and dip bottoms in chocolate and then place onto macadamia pieces.
- Return to freezer for a brief time. Fill with small scoop ice cream and top with Crème Chantilly and a cherry.
NOTE: The ice cream is hiding under the Crème Chantilly in our photo. If you want to omit the ice cream, these Bite-Sized Banana Splits are equally as delicious.