- 1 3/4 cups flour*
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Whisk flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Slowly add dry ingredients. Add in chips and mix until combined.
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. The cookies will be set, but still soft. Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Feel free to change out the type of chips - dark chocolate and mint are also wonderful in these cookies.
- Be careful not to over bake these, you don’t want to lose the amazing texture.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bree Hester @bakedbree.com.